As a national employer member association offering high quality employee benefits for member employers Value Point Associates, LLC (VPA) receives and manages important confidential and sensitive data. We are committed to preserving the privacy and confidentiality of your information. This Privacy Statement describes how VPA may use and disclose business, financial, and personal information. This statement applies to all information provided, transmitted, or submitted on this website and mobile applications (“Site”), and/or through member business activities.
Your privacy, and the privacy of the information provided, is important to us. We use reasonable care to protect data provided by customers or customers’ employees from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and untimely destruction. We do not grant access to personal information about you except as otherwise described in this policy. We do not share or sell personal information provided or transmitted to our site(s) with any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We may provide you with links to other websites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our site, and to read privacy statements regarding personally identifiable information. VPA does not accept responsibility for non-VPA websites.
Information and Use
What information is provided or transmitted
We limit the information that customers or customers’ employees provide to VPA to the information that we need to administer and improve the Site, that VPA or its providers need to provide our products and services (“Services”) to our customers, and to fulfill any legal and regulatory requirements.
The categories of personal information that we may request that customers or the employees of customers provide includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Contact information to allow us to communicate with you and provide Services
- Employer information, including financial and bank account information, to provide the Services
- Employee information, including social security number, date of birth, financial, payroll, geolocation data, medical and beneficiary information, to provide Services
- Credit, debit, or cash/payment card information if used, such as for billing
How personal information is submitted and/or transmitted
We do not require you to provide any personal information to have general access to the Site. However, to access and use certain information, features or Services at the Site, you may be required to provide personal information. Personal information is primarily submitted and/or transmitted:
- When you utilize the Services, we obtain from you or your employer the information we need to provide the Services
- From applications, forms and other information you provide us on the Site
- When you establish an account, or an account is established for you at the direction of your employer, to receive Services
- From survey responses or site registration
- If you provide us with comments or suggestions, request information about our Services, or contact our customer service department via phone, email or other forms of communication
- From consumer and business reporting agencies
- From third parties to verify information given to us
- From information you may provide via Social Media
How personal information is used
We use the information provided on the Site to perform the Services you request. We limit the submission and transmittal of personal customer information that we need to:
- Facilitate customer requested Services, transactions, investments, distributions and benefits
- Provide excellent service to our customers
- Comply with legal, reporting and regulatory requirements
- Administer and improve our websites and social media
- Detect fraud or theft to protect our business and customer information
- Contact you with information on Services, new Services or products, or upcoming events
- Facilitate applicant tracking and recruitment
How aggregated, non-personal information is used
We may collect information about the users of the public Site and our services to determine information regarding the use of our public Site and general information about our customers
How cookies are read
A “cookie” is a piece of data that our Site may provide to your browser while you are at our Site. The information stored in a cookie is used for user convenience purposes, such as reducing repetitive messages, tracking software versions, and retaining certain user preferences. If a user rejects the cookie, they will be able to browse the Site but might not be able to access certain features.
Children Under 13 years of age
This site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect and/or transmit personal information from children under 13 years of age. All dependent data needed for benefits and services is collected directly from employers and participants.
Your California privacy rights
Under California Civil Code 1798, California residents with an established business relationship can request information about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like more information, please make a request by submitting a Contact Form found on the Site.
Parties with whom information may be shared
Information is shared to facilitate the Services needed in order to properly and efficiently handle duties related to your account. We may share information with:
- Government agencies to fulfill legal, reporting and regulatory requirements
- Attorneys, accountants and auditors
- Credit reporting agencies to supply vendor references on the client’s behalf
- Our employees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents and third-party service vendors to perform Services related to your account, to offer additional Services, perform analysis to determine qualification to receive future services or collect amounts due.
- Banking and brokerage firms to complete benefits processing and securities transactions
- Credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement or government officials. We reserve the right to release information if we are required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment, such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, in a fraud investigation, an audit or examination.
How to access and correct your information
Keeping your information accurate and up to date is very important. You can review or correct your account information by logging in and viewing your information on our Site. If you have an account at the Site, you can make changes to your account information after you log in to the Site from your PC or wireless device. Note that some information changes may be done by, or through, your employer.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This statement may be revised from time to time due to legislative changes, changes in technology or our privacy practices, or new uses of customer information not previously disclosed in this Statement. Revisions are effective upon posting and your continued use of this Site will indicate your acceptance of those changes. Please refer to this Statement regularly.
If you have any comments, concerns or questions about this Privacy Statement please contact your Employer’s VPA representative.
Last Update January 27, 2020
Value Point Associates, LLC is an employer benefit association. The information and content contained on these websites is for informational purposes only and no warranty is made that the information and content is accurate, reliable or error-free. The information contained within the Company’s web pages may be, at any time, outdated and may include inaccuracies and/or errors. Information may change at any time without notice. This website has been prepared for general guidance on matters of interest only; it does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this website without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy of completeness of the information contained in this publication; and, to the extent permitted by law, Value Point Associates, LLC, its members, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this website or for any decision based on it.
Not a Solicitation
Nothing within the Company’s website is to be construed as an offer to sell or solicit insurance. Products, benefits, plans, or services offered by the Company may vary state-to state and are subject to the requirements of each respective state and the terms and conditions of each. All products, services, plans, and benefits may not be available or recognized in all areas.
The Company’s website addresses, and all content and images contained within the websites, as well as all copyright, trademark, trade dress and other rights therein, are owned or licensed by the Company and its affiliates. Nothing contained on the Company’s websites should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in or to such information or trademarks without the express written permission of the Company. You agree not to copy, use or otherwise infringe upon any trademarks or service marks contained in the Company’s websites. You further agree that you will not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from any copies of the information downloaded from the Company’s websites.
Third Party Information and Websites
The Company’s website may contain third party information and links to third party websites. Third party information and links are provided for your convenience and the Company is not to be held responsible for information from third parties or contained in any third party websites, regardless of whether there are connections to or from the Company via hyperlinks and/or pointers. The Company does not have control over any information on any other organization’s website(s). Third parties include, but are not limited to Apollo Wealth Management, Accurecord, Broadridge Financial, and insurance companies. Third party entities are separate from Value Point Associates, LLC and their opinions, services, and information are their own.
Copyright 2020 Value Point Associates, LLC, All Rights Reserved.